DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Free Space Optics Communication: Commercial Stationary Terrestrial Applications, Global Market Forecast 2019-2029” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Free Space Optics (FSO) is a line-of-sight (LOS) technology that uses directed LEDs or Laser emitters, which provide optical bandwidth Transmitters and Receivers to link voice, video, and data intelligent transfer. A single FSO link product often may incorporate multiple transmitters along with receiver/s to ensure adequate performance, in case of interference.
As the cost and other obstacles of deploying fiber optic cables or copper-based cables continue to increase, the product and deployment opportunities for FSO as well as other wireless communication link solutions improve. Communication managers face the timely delays and cost comparison of utilizing a telecommunication leased-line versus the implementation of an FSO system, the flexibility of the FSO product-area may present an attractive communication link alternative.
Data throughput (transfer) rates are continuing to push up into the multi-gigabit region and optical communication use is increasing; therefore, the emphasis on low-cost, quickly deployed system solutions is encouraging to the FSO prospects.
This report provides the market consumption forecast of outdoor transmitter/receiver pairs used in terrestrial outdoor fixed-location (stationary) FSO commercial links; therefore, government-based Defense/Homeland Security or aircraft/spacecraft, space or Earth-to-Space use, as well as Inside-the-building links, are not included.
FSO devices, which are placed at a window inside of a building, but directed outside, for outdoor links, are included in the forecast. Only the FSO Function of FSO/RF Hybrid Products is included in market data.
FSO communication links require at least two separate transmitter/receiver pair units; for example – one T/R pair unit at point “A” and another T/R pair unit at point “B”.
The analysis and forecast are presented for FSO Transmitter/Receiver (pair) link devices, segmented by distance and data-rate throughput. The forecast for each selected FSO link device, in turn, is segmented by geographic region:
- America (North America, Central and South America)
- EMEA (Europe, Middle Eastern countries, plus Africa)
- APAC (Asia Pacific)
The market forecast data are segmented by the following functions:
- Consumption Value (US$, million)
- Quantity (number/units)
- Average Selling Prices (ASP $, T/R Pair)
Market Data Category List by Distance/Meters and by Throughput/Mbps
- 1000 Meters (1 km) or Less
More Than 1000 Meters (1 km)
Key Topics Covered:
- Free Space Optics: Market Forecast by Region
- Free Space Optics: Market Forecast by Link Length
- Free Space Optics: Market Forecast by Data-Rate and Distance
- Line of Sight Challenges
- Hybrid FSO/RF Link
- Common Use of Free Space Optic Links
- Market Acceptance of Free Space Optics
- Mobile Telecommunications Fronthaul and Backhaul
- Alternative Technical Redundancy
- Emitter Choices
- Pros/Cons of FSO Implementation
- FSO Architectures (Point-to-Point, Mesh, Point-to-Multi-Point)
- Free-Space Optics Link Examples
- Enterprise Networks
- High Speed Networks
- Internet Backbone Driving Factors
- Technology Life Cycle
2. Profiles of Selected FSO Companies/Brands – Introduction
- Anova Financial Networks (Celeras LTS)
- BridgeComm, Inc.
- Communication by Light (CBL)
- EC System International
- fSONA Networks Corporation and Blutec Systems
- Harris Corporation / L3Harris Technologies, Inc. (TALON)
- JV-Labs.EU s.r.o. (RedStar)
- Koruza – IRNAS – Fabrikor
- Laser Light Communications, LLC
- LaserOptronics and AIRLINX Communications, Inc.
- LightPointe Communications
- Mostcom (ARTOLINK) and Ryazan State Instrument-Making Enterprise (RSIE)
- Optical Wireless Broadband (OWB) and CJ Communications (CJ COM)
- Polewall AS
- TrellisWare Technologies, Inc
- Trimble Inc. (GeoDesy)
- Wireless Excellence (CableFree)
- Competitive Market Share Estimates (2019) – Selected Companies
3. Research Methodology Explanation
- Coronavirus Adjustment Explanation
4. Global Summary and Regional Market Forecast (Excel Worksheet Format)
- Global Market Forecast: Average Selling Price; Quantity/Units; Consumption Value (2019-29)
- America Market Forecast: Average Selling Price; Quantity/Units; Consumption Value (2019-29)
- EMEA Market Forecast: Average Selling Price; Quantity/Units; Consumption Value (2019-29)
- APAC Market Forecast: Average Selling Price; Quantity/Units; Consumption Value (2019-29)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wah4mq
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.